Tuesday 2 July 2013

Day 5

Really turned a corner today. Didn't need any tramadol, and only took 2 doses of the over-the-counter analgesic. Still getting the uncomfortable upward pressure feeling after eating, but having no reflux or belching is WELL worth it. I could probably be back at work today or tomorrow, for those interested in the LINX and wondering how quickly a return to work could take. I'm off until Wednesday though, and definitely enjoying the free time to take it easy.

As some others have described, my back does get a bit sore after sitting upright or not changing positions. Not sure why - might be that I'm holding myself funny because I'm subconsciously protecting the incisions. Maybe gas related pains. My partner did tell me that I'm "walking like a cavewoman", which I thought was rather indelicate :)

I'm not usually given to making sweeping statements, but especially if the upward pressure type feeling lessens, this procedure will be a life-changer for me. Can't wait to see how it pans out. I'm interested to see how much of the dreaded week 2 to 6 dysphagia I will experience...I don't want to get too complacent and then get a shock!

I'll switch to weekly updates after Day 7, but in the meantime I'll leave you with some more good news...

Indian food for dinner (big trigger) with a little bit of wine, and ice cream afterwards: no reflux!

No comments:

Post a Comment