Thursday 4 July 2013

Day 7

Well, we've made it to the last of the daily updates one week post-implant, and the news is all good! I haven't experienced reflux or heartburn (though I haven't started titrating down on the omeprazole yet) and have been able to eat regularly with minimal discomfort. Incisions are already fading as well. I'm no longer taking any pain medication or Gas-X.

Mobility is good, though I think I still have a bit of a protective hunchback pose much of the time because my back is sore by the end of the day! Once the main incision is better healed that impulse will disappear. No exercising yet but walking around fine.

Made it to rehearsal for the show I'm doing as well and managed a few leaps and twirls in the dance number (albeit slightly muted on the leaping front :)

As for lingering negatives, I still do get occasional upward pressure a few times a day that is quite painful but very manageable. After a biggish meal I have more bloating than I used to, and I think I'm still a little bit bloated in general. But that will improve (a) and is still completely work the lack of reflux (b). Also having a bit of dysphagia when swallowing liquids or lighter foods like fruit, bu it's not really painful or anything that patience can't beat.

I'll check back in a week's time for another update.

Trigger foods conquered today: pizza, apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment